27 June 2008

A Positive Spin on Things

My husband is always telling me to look at the positive side of things. So here is a positive way at looking at some of my most common complaints.

  • “My feet hurt”…My feet may ache, but look at all that I have accomplished today to take care of my family!
  • “My back hurts”( a common complaint from mothers of little ones)…My back hurts from lifting these precious blessings that God has lent to me. I am so thankful that my arms are full of children to hold!
  • “I am out of butter in the refrigerator and have to go out to the freezer to get more”…I am so blessed to have a freezer full of food! God has blessed us so abundantly!
  • “I am out of milk and have to go to the store”…God has given us the financial resources to be able to just go to the store and buy whatever we need, when we need it.

As a homemaker and mother, it is easy to get discouraged at times. We have a great responsibility in being the heart of our home, and if we are not careful we can let that responsibility become a burden rather than the enormous blessing that it really is.

May God bless you as you go about your work as a keeper at home!


0 comments:

Post a Comment