03 June 2008

Homemaking Notebook

I mentioned before that I had put together a home management notebook. I have really enjoyed seeing what other ladies have done with that concept so I thought that I would share mine.

I have a lot of sections in mine, so “bear” with me. :)

Just like my other notebook, on the front I have a clip to hold whatever I am working on, and in the inside front I have a baggy to hold my pens and highlighters (there I am with the color coding again:))

My first divider is “Inspiration”, where I store articles that I have read that inspire me in my vocation as wife, mother, and homemaker. The second divider is “Rules & Guidelines”, where I keep a copy of rules that we have for our family. The third is “Schedules”, where I keep a copy of our main schedule, a back up schedule for in case we wake up late, and a daily planner, to-do list and such.

The next section is “Calendars” which I color code to notate holidays and such. The fifth section is “Checklists” which has checklists for different areas of the house, and the children’s chore charts, a spring cleaning checklist, etc..

The sixth section is “Cleaning”. Here I store different cleaning tips I have found, my recipes for homemade cleaners and such. The seventh section is “Menus”, where I keep a copy of our different menus, and then “”Pantry Lists”, which holds copies of the inventories from my other notebook. The ninth section is “Food Information”, where I put charts that have the length of time you can freeze different foods, information on packing a lunch, and any other food related information.

The tenth section is “Health”. Here I have a list of herbal remedies and any other health information that I feel like I might need to access regularly.

The eleventh section is “Child Training”, where I have articles on raising children that I find helpful.

The next section is “Miscellaneous”, for, well, just that.

And lastly I have a section for pregnancy related information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment