04 June 2008

I "Can't" Like Baked Beans...or Can I?

If you had asked me earlier this week if I liked baked beans, my answer would have been without a doubt a firm no. I was just absolutely sure that under no circumstances would I like baked beans.

I like to challenge myself and my new challenge is to learn to cook frugally and to use ingredients that we can buy in bulk. So being brave I decided to try and make the baked beans recipe from Hillbilly Housewife. As it was cooking I kept telling my husband, “Well I don’t like baked beans but these smell like they might be ok”. Then as dinner time approached and I was putting dinner onto plates, I tasted one. And could it be? They were actually good! Rick then says to me, “How can you not like baked beans, these taste exactly like baked beans should taste.” I started laughing and had to admit, I don’t know if I’ve actually ever tasted baked beans. So maybe I can like baked beans after all.



0 comments:

Post a Comment