10 June 2008

The Mind of a Little Boy

Little boys baffle me. I mean, I just do not understand the way that their minds work at all. For instance, what makes a boy wake up from a sound sleep, stretch and then look right at you and growl like a bear? Do they think about these things, or is it just compulsive? Do they think,” I just have to growl right now”?

And why do they crash trucks and bang things and run everywhere they go? Perhaps it is just some boy thing that I will never understand…

I do love being the mother of boys. There is something kind of neat about sitting on the floor in my pink sweater with a satin ribbon, playing with trucks while a “bear” is trying to climb up my back. And there is something extra sweet about how a little boy looks at his mommy like she is the most beautiful person he’s ever seen. They don’t even care that I probably smell like bananas and milk. Or maybe they do care, but they see that as a positive…

0 comments:

Post a Comment