04 June 2008

"I Can't Like It"

Sometimes you just don’t like something so much that you really need something stronger to say than “I don’t like it”. Jacob knows exactly what to say in that situation. For a child who is not quite three he is rather wise in choosing his words. I am constantly amazed and often amused by what comes out of his mouth. He frequently manages to talk back to us without us realizing at first that it has even happened. He is just so charming and whitty about it that we will end up standing there not really sure whether to laugh or reprimand him.

It is so neat to have the opportunity to teach such a bright little mind. He seems to soak up new information like a sponge, and he is so enthusiastic about learning. It makes teaching him a true joy! I cannot express how my heart lept in excitement to hear him say his prayers for the first time! Is there anything as sweet as a child’s prayers?

A good friend of mine once told me that she didn’t want to raise good kids, she wanted to raise saints. I think about that often as I go through my day, and reflect on that when things aren’t going quite the way that I want them to. It helps me to stay motivated and remember that what I am doing is important work.



0 comments:

Post a Comment