06 June 2008

The Neighborhood Cat Mommy


The first week after we moved here, this cat just showed up on our doorstep. Now, let me just say that I am not a cat person, but apparently the mother in me just couldn’t not feed her. Well that was about 6 months ago, and she hasn’t left. I mean not at all. She is either on our front porch or in our attic. I am not sure how she gets in there, but she cannot get back out. We then have to open the attic door and she walks down the ladder into our arms. This tends to happen at least once a day. If she is not in the attic, then she is watching us through one of the windows in our house. She follows me from window to window across the house. No matter where I am, she can find me. It is rather odd really. I have never heard of a cat acting like that, but like I said, I’m not a cat person so I could be wrong.

Apparently the cat community has been talking (can they do that?) because a second cat started showing up fairly regularly and a third every so often. How did I become the neighborhood cat mommy? Again I say, I don’t even like cats. But yes, I named the second cat also. So now we have Frannie (Nini) and Lucy.

So now every evening the children look forward to feeding Nini (Frannie’s nickname given to her by Joshua) and Lucy. I suppose I will have to learn to like cats.


0 comments:

Post a Comment