02 June 2008

Praising God for Masculine Men

My dear husband does not have to travel very often, which is something that I am truly thankful for, especially in the field that he is in. But when he does travel it reminds me how much I really appreciate him.

We had another night of stormy weather here last night, and I know this may sound silly, but very little frightens me like a thunderstorm. Our weather radio siren was going off continually and with every crash of thunder I was praying. I eventually fell asleep holding onto my little pink flashlight ( I can’t help being a girly-girl). The whole thing just made me so thankful for all the times that my husband is there, because I always feel so safe when he is by my side.

My husband was such an amazing way of being so strong and masculine, while still being kind and tenderhearted. He is a strong leader and protector of our family, and yet always shows an interest in my craft projects or some new homemaking skill that I have learned. He listens as I ramble on about sewing or baking and will look at every detail of a scrapbook page that I have made. He will look at fabric or patterns with me and give his opinions. He will even sit and share a pot of tea with me. He praises me for my femininity, which is something so rare in men these days. I am truly grateful for a man who isn’t afraid to be a biblical example of a family leader.

0 comments:

Post a Comment