24 July 2009

What I'm Wearing


***Disclaimer: The views expressed in this and all future posts about clothing or modesty are simply the views of *my* family, and are not intended to be any sort of expert opinion. Each person has to decide what their standards are, and that is between that person and Our Heavenly Father. I am careful when choosing what to wear because I do want to be modest, and I am also a girly-girl who likes to wear pretty things.***

I have decided to start a new feature on my blog called "What I am Wearing". It's a topic of conversation that has been coming up a lot within my circle of friends. I think so many of us struggle with finding the balance of wanting to be modest and Christ-like in our appearance, and yet we want to feel attractive and feminine and pretty. I don't think that those two things have to contradict each other. I think that often we think of "attractive" and think "sexually attractive", which of course does contradict modesty. But we can be attractive in the sense that roses are attractive...pleasing to the eye and yet not drawing attention to ourselves in a suggestive manner.

Choosing what to wear when you are pregnant is such a challenge! Especially when you are trying to keep your outfit modest, but then also like preppy and cute fashions- oh, and it's summertime! I have seen quite a few adorable maternity tops, but so many of them are sleeveless or have very shortsleeves, and I personally do not feel comfortable with that. But I have been able to find pieces that I can put together into outfits that I think work. I like to think outside the box abit, rather than just purchase things that are labeled as "maternity". Doing this has allowed me to find a greater variety of options, and still stay relatively comfortable (as comfortable as one can be at 6 months pregnant and having three boys under 4, LOL).

Today I have an appointment with my midwife, and then this afternoon we are attending a homeschool group get-together. So I am wearing what I would call a "Mom on the Go" outfit of a denim knee length skirt, orange plaid button down shirt, and a three-quarter sleeved white cardigan (oh how I LOVE cardigans!). I'm pairing that with pale yellow canvas slip-on tennis shoes, my taupe Dooney & Bourke handbag, and woven headband, and accessorizing with diamond stud earings, a double stranded pearl bracelet (who says you can't mix diamonds and pearls ;)), three stone past, present, and future ring, and my gold Crucifix necklace.



I'll try to remember to ask Rick to snap a picture of the outfit actually on me, lol. I suppose someones been a little camera shy lately...

Hugs,

0 comments:

Post a Comment