21 July 2009

Simple Woman's Day Book


Outside my window...rain and thunderstorms. Does it seem like it always rains on Tuesdays?

I am thinking... how can two boys with the same parents, raised in the same house with the same experiences be so incredibly different from each other? And how do all three of our boys have such interesting and vibrantly different personalities? Three boys, each with strong personalities, and each so unique. I can see glimpses ( ok, maybe even more than glimpses) of myself in Jacob, but at the same time, he is soooooo much like his Daddy that it is almost weird. And Joshua is exactly like my brother. I mean exactly. He looks like him, he acts like him, he has the same quirks about him, and yet the same sweet nature. Very strange. And little Joe- I don't even know where he came from. I mean, he looks like us (everyone says he looks like Daddy but with my eyes), but his personality is all his own. And wow, I really do like this hazlenut creamer...

From the learning rooms... Jacob can actually recognize some written words! So cool. And he LOVES the library. I think he would go there everyday if he had the opportunity, and just sit at the tables and look at books for hours. (see, there's one of those glimpses of me) Joseph learned to walk backwards. He's rather proud of himself, too. And Joshua figured out (on his own) that if a magnent is repelling away from another magnent, just turn it around the other way and it works. Genuious.

I am thankful for... COFFEE. Seriously.

From the kitchen... oven baked chicken. I was planning to make it yesterday, but was so tired by afternoon that I decided to save it for today, and made something simple instead.

I am wearing... a pastel, quilted, ankle length skirt, a light green tee, and right now I also have on a blue cardigan because I am freezing. This is my "comfy, I wish I could wear pajamas all day" outfit, lol. Perfect for a stormy day.

I am reading... "Dog Care for Kids"- with Jacob.

I am hoping... that I can find energy today. I am really tired and can't figure out why.

I am creating... I haven't had much time for creating in the last week...but I am hoping to put together a notebook with things like takeout menus, and other information. Oh, and Thursday I am going to stitch tea towels at the library.

I am praying... I have several prayer requests from friends on my heart lately.

Around the house... No boxes!!!!! Seriously, in the main part of the house (not counting garage or basement) we are pretty much box-free. ( I say "pretty much" because there are still a few small boxes in my craft room, but I can't really finish those until we figure out a shelving solution for the closet in there) I have a few pictures to hang in the upstairs hallway, but the house actually is looking like a home now.

One of my favorite things... the way that Joseph greets me each morning. When Jacob cuddles in my lap when his brothers aren't around. When Joshua says, "Is it a bear like me?"

A few plans for the rest of the week... Story time at the library tomorrow, a class on Thursday evening, midwife appt. on Friday, and a homeschool group gathering Friday afternoon. Whew, busy week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

I came across this baby picture of Jacob recently. It is just so amazing to me to think how much he has grown in such a short time. We are considering letting him play soccer this season. Can you believe that? How is my baby big enough for something like that? When I looked at him sitting at the library table the other day, it was like looking at this big boy. He carried the books up to the counter and handed them to the librarian, then carried the bag out to the car...looking like a little man the entire time. He's not a baby anymore...not even close. He is a boy who likes to have his shirt tucked in, and have hair gel in his hair.

It's a little sad to see him growing up so much, but only because I know that his brothers are close behind and it won't be long before they aren't babies any more. It makes me want to hold on a little tighter, and just keep them babies for as long as I can, lol.

But it is also so joyous. Jacob was an adorable baby, but he is an incredible little gentleman. I know I say this a lot, but I am constantly amazed by him.

Blessings Abound,

1 comments:

  1. I wish it rained more here in South Texas. It would definitely perk up my mood.

    It really is a defining moment with little boys when you see them becoming little men. Not so much for girls..

    ReplyDelete