14 July 2009

Wardrobe Planner

I was asked about the wardrobe planner that I am making, so I thought I would give a brief explanation of what it is...

It is no secret that I am a bit OCD when it comes to organization, and I really like the "notebook" system. I have a homemaking notebook, a homeschooling notebook, a menu planning and grocery shopping notebook... I made my first "wardrobe planner" at some point in my teen years because I loved putting together and planning outfits.

I found a great website the other week that had printable forms to use for making just such a notebook. I was really excited because I had planned to create something along this idea myself, so I was glad to find something that I could use instead. (although at somepoint I still might draft my own forms...) Here is the link: http://www.closetcharm.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/closet_charm_look_book.pdf

I am using a three ring binder and I made divider pages using decorative paper placed in plastic sheet protectors. I take a picture of each outfit, then print it out and use it on the form, where I then list each piece needed for the outfit (I even list accessories and shoes that I like with the outfit). I have the outfits divided into categories of where I would wear them. I have mine divided into "Casual" (which is things I would wear for like picnics or fairs or doing things outside, that sort of thing), "Work" (which may sound funny since I am a homemaker, lol, but I like to get dressed each day as if I am headed to "work") "Church" (self-explanatory, lol), "Going Out" ( nicer outfits for going out to dinner or the theatre or whatever), I also categorize them by season.

When I am finished putting it all together I will take pictures and explain in more detail like I did with my homemaking notebook some time ago.


Blessings,


0 comments:

Post a Comment