20 July 2009

Not Me Monday


I did NOT boldly proclaim that after the baby is born I am going to lose "x" number of pounds, and then proceed to eat my son's tater tots.

I did not lay awake last night obsessing about the color of my hair.

This conversation did not take place in my house yesterday:
Daddy (in a joking tone): Mommy can't have any coffee today.
Jacob: No Daddy, Mommy NEEDS coffee.
Daddy (now laughing): Why does Mommy need coffee?
Jacob: Because it makes her nice.

I certainly do not have a coffee addiction that is so apparent that my three year old knows about it, LOL.

I have not been stressing about whether it is ok that I am wanting to take some crafting classes here and there so that I can have a little time away. I know that good mommies know that having some grown up time away from the children can actually help me to be a better mommy, and that it doesn't make me selfish.


Blessings,

1 comments:

  1. Even my extended family knows not to bother talking to me in the mornings until after the first (large) cup of coffee.

    At least I'm not the only one to say 'That is IT! I'm going on a diet!' and then eat like the words have never come out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete