23 July 2009

Thankful Thursday

Good timing as usual, God. :) It always seems that Thankful Thursdays comes at just the right time. Just when I am feeling frustrated or overwhelmed or tired or cranky...Thankful Thursday comes around to remind me how wonderful my life really is. It seems to work like clockwork every week. Hmmmm, I wonder if it was planned that way?

I am thankful that I am going to a class this evening (embroidering tea towels :)). I am thankful for my husband who is so supportive and is encouraging me to take some time to do the things that I love doing.

I have been working on organizing my closet this week, and while it has been a bit of a thorn in my side, I am thankful to have enough clothing to need to organize it. I know that we are blessed with an over abundance in so many areas, and there are so many times where I start to forget that, or maybe just not realize it quite enough.

I am thankful for coffee. Yes, I know that sounds silly, and I know that coffee is not particularly good for you, and that you aren't really supposed to drink it, or at least not more than one cup, when you are pregnant. BUT, I am thankful for that simple little pleasure that is such a bright spot in my mornings. There is something so therapeutic about that warm beverage combined with the amazing taste of the hazelnut creamer, and especially about drinking it in the quietness before waking the boys up. It is a few minutes of heavenly silence where I can just gather my thoughts for the day. Taking a minute to drink my coffee forces me to just stop for a moment, and it is sort of like hitting the pause button on my day.

I am thankful for our new stroller. Before the new stroller, it was a little (ok, a LOT) daunting to think about taking the boys out by myself. Our old double stroller was so difficult to maneuver that it was basically more harm than help. We had a decent single stroller, but, well, Joshua is a bit, um, easily distracted. And walking anywhere with him takes quite a bit of direction. He tends to just wander off, totally oblivious to where he should be going, because he caught a glimpse of something more interesting. So he takes constant supervision. It was a bit stressful to try and walk through a parking lot with both Jacob and Joshua walking and trying to push a stroller and carry a diaper bag...So this new stroller is a HUGE help. It is so easy for me to push, and it maneuvers like a dream. It is a little on the wide side, but that is to be expected when you are talking about a stroller that can seat two toddlers. I like that the seats will hold up to 50lbs, too. Our boys are so big, and most of the strollers had a 40lb weight limit (and Joshua is coming up rather quickly on that number, yes, I realize that is absolutely HUGE for a two year old).

With a Thankful Heart,

0 comments:

Post a Comment