23 July 2009

"I Put My Good Face On, Mommy!"



I would like to think our family is not weird, but unfortunately that is just not the case.

Jacob has always had a special way of coming up with sayings that become part of our family's vernacular. And here is one more example of just such a saying...

Whenever Jacob realizes that he is not really doing the right things, or has an attitude problem, he will say, "Ok, I took my bad face off and I put my good face on now." The funny thing is that he seems to actually understand that there is a visible difference in his facial expressions when his attitude isn't particularly good, because his good face really is sweet, and his bad face, well, let's just say you can tell what sort of mood he's in just by looking at him, lol.

So now,"good face" and "bad face" have integrated themselves into our every day lives. He even goes through the motion as if he is taking off a mask and putting on another one. Too cute.

This morning he told me that he has taken off his bad face, and he has his good one on now. Oh, and Joshua is now picking up on this, too. He says he has his good face on, but let's just say that I'm not convinced, LOL.

Hugs,

0 comments:

Post a Comment