05 November 2009

Thankful Thursday


I know I probably repeat myself a lot on this one- but I am just so thankful for my BOYS!!!!!!

I am surrounded by boys all day. Everywhere I go people tell me things like, "Wow, you have your hands full!" and "Wow, a house full of boys". Yep. I have a house FULL of boys, and you know what? I love it and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Yep, you heard me correctly. Yes, it is true that I am likely one of the girliest people on the planet. Everyone knows my affinity for pink. Everyone knows how I have a love for all things "girl"- lace and ribbon and sparkles. I have a closet full of pink clothes. So, it is probably amusing to some that I am so thrilled to be the mommy of a house full of boys.

I LOVE being the mother of boys. Sure, it can be crazy sometimes. Sometimes I am totally lost when I try to understand them. I spend a lot more time talking about football, trucks, and things that stink than I ever imagined.

But I am also the princess of our house...and my boys truly make me feel like it. I am surrounded by five men who think that I am the most beautiful woman in the world. What could be better than that?




Oh little Joe...I am thankful that I get to be his mommy. He is just so full of life, and he is so passionate. And the way he greets me each morning is a beautiful reminder that I am very much loved by my boys. Yes, Joe can be a handful, but he can also be so incredibly helpful and sweet. He is always looking for ways to help and he always has a big hug and kiss waiting for me, lol.

The last week or so he has really been coming out of his shell with talking. He's a funny one...he has always been advanced when it comes to physical abilities. For instance, one evening after Jacob's soccer practice, Joe picked up the soccer ball then started dribbling it across the living room- just like they had taught at practice, using the inside of his foot and alternating feet. We were amazed! Or how he could walk backwards when most children is age were still trying to grasp just walking. But, he was a little slower on the talking side. (typical for boys- I hear) This week new words seem to be flying out of his mouth. Mostly one word utterances, but they are plentiful, lol. "Up" seems to be the most popular. "Up" to be picked up, "Up" because he wants to climb on something. "Up" as a warning he is ABOUT to climb on something. "Up" as an alarm sound that he has ALREADY climbed something and probably needs me to come get him down, LOL.

Joe loves to say "Hey Mommy", and he gets sooooo excited when you understand the words he is saying. He gets this adorable "pleased with himself" look on his face.

I know his baby days are numbered. It occurred to me the other day that in a year he will be where Joshua is now. Wow, how does that happen?




Over the last week or so I have noticed big changes in Jacob. He is suddenly just so BIG. He has been really enjoying his new Leap Frog video game, and it amazes me because he is actually playing the games! All of the sudden he is just a big kid, he's not my little baby anymore. :(. While it is a little sad to lose "Baby Jakers", I am just so in love with big kid Jacob. He is my little side-kick, my assistant throughout the day. He loves to do chores, and ASKS for more jobs to do (yes, I am head-over-heals in love!!!!) The willingness has been there for sometime, but it seems like suddenly he is actually able to do more- and do it well.

He has always been interesting to converse with- I think his mind must go a million miles a minute! But now he is having such complex and really intellegent conversations. He is thinking about things and then asking about them, he is drawing conclusions about things, and asking really smart questions. Yesterday, as I was working on a new cross-stitching project, he told me that cross-stitching is kinda like a puzzle- because the x's come together to make a picture. Maybe it's because I am his mommy, but I think he is BRILLIANT.




I can't believe that three weeks have already gone by! Why do I have the feeling that baby James won't be a baby for very long???

He is a sweet baby, he loves cuddles, loves being right in the middle of whatever the "brothers" are doing, and loves to be kissed on his forehead. He seems to especially love for Joshua to hold him, maybe it's because the Bear has this special way with animals and babies. Whatever it is, I love to see my boys be so sweet to their littlest brother. I am so thankful that they have each other. It must be so neat to have brothers!





The Bear. *Sigh*What am I going to do with this bear? I love him to pieces, and I am so thankful that he is in my life. He is driving me a little bonkers this week though, LOL.

He's getting bigger. That's a good thing. Discovering he has an attitude- not such a good thing. I do think he just as an abundance of "boy energy", and then, since he is a bear, he can't really control himself all that well.

But he is still my sweet one. Still gives the best bear hugs, still has the cutest way of saying things, and still has the gentlest nature that makes him irresistible.



And of course, I am most thankful for the biggest "boy" in our family...our Daddy. Whenever I see him with the boys I am reminded how blessed I am. He adores our boys and that makes me so happy. I love how they all want to pile onto his lap in the evening, and how they all excitedly wait at the garage door when he comes home.

Despite our busy lives, he always finds time to make me feel special. He sets a good example for the boys in the way he takes care of me.


Ok, so this ended up being a super long post, but I'm sure you can understand. :)

Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment