30 November 2009

Not Me Monday



This edition of Not Me Monday should really be called "Not Us Monday", due to this moment of my husband's...

We were sitting at Cracker Barrel, eating dinner, and because my children have the MOST polite manners, my son, Joshua, did NOT stuff an entire biscuit into his mouth. He did not then turn to my husband and say, "May I have some butter please". We did not understand what he said, despite the overly full mouth, because we are so used to hearing him talk with a mouth crammed full of food. My husband did NOT then take a spoonful of butter and stick it into Joshua's mouth. Joshua did not then finish his biscuit, smile, and say "thanks". And through all of this I was certainly not LAUGHING!

I did not just slam the washing machine lid on my fingers...OUCH!

When talking to a dear friend on the phone, who I talk to almost everyday, she did not hear me pouring a beverage and ask, "Is that wine or coffee?". Surely a good friend would know that it would HAVE to be water because I am just so health conscious and of course only drink water throughout the day. And I certainly do NOT have a coffee addiction that is so apparent to anyone who knows me.

I am not anxious to start school again simply because it makes the boys behave wonderfully. I know that school is really about academics and not just about how your children act, lol.


Monday Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. How do you get your boys to sit in a row all nice like that? I feel like I am accomplishing a huge feat by getting ONE to sit still. I'm telling you, WRITE A BOOK!!!, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. What can I say, my boys like having their pictures taken. :)

    Truthfully, I think it is easy to get them to sit for pictures like that because I frequently have them sit "criss-cross applesauce" for things like story-time, or when I am getting them dressed and need things to be calm(ish).

    Maybe someday we'll think about the book thing...once everyone is much older! LOL

    Blessings,
    Melly Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete