02 June 2010

Thankful Thursday


I love "Thankful Thursdays". I know that I have said this before, but I just love the reminder to take a step back and remember how much we have to be thankful for.

I am always thankful for my friends, but over the past couple of weeks I have had some wonderful reminders of why. I am thankful for the support that I receive from them and for the support that I am able to give back to them. I am thankful for the friends who make me laugh when I am needing it most. (you know who you are ;)). I am thankful for the encouragement they give when I feel discouraged. I am so thankful for the patience they have with me, I know I can be a bit of a trip at times! I am thankful for those friends that I have that I know will stand by my side no matter what...the friends that see my heart in everything that I do.

I am incredibly thankful for the best of friends that a girl could ask for. For the man that has stood by my side for seven years, through the worst of imaginable, and through the best. The man that has encouraged me to grow and to find "myself" when I felt the need to. The man who has dreamed with me, cried with me, rejoiced with me and laughed with me. The man who was there with me when my life was shattered into a million pieces, and who then helped me put the pieces back together again into something rather wonderful.

I am thankful for the four little boys who fill my days with joy, laughter, frustrations, celebrations, and so much more. I am thankful for the precious gift from God that they are. I am thankful for the privilege of teaching them, and watching them learn. I am thankful for every "light bulb" moment, every silly song, and every cuddle.

I am thankful for the amazing life that I have. I am thankful for a God who loves me despite my imperfections. I know that everything that I have has come from Him.

I know how much I have to be thankful for. There isn't a minute that goes by that I am not aware of that.

Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment