14 June 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!


What could be better than a day to celebrate the most amazing man on Earth? We made some of his favorite things for dinner...Sticky Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese, Green Beans, and sweet tea. It's been a tradition for years now to make a carrot cake for his birthday.  :)

 Jacob wanted to color Daddy a Happy Birthday picture. Joshua and Joseph thought that sounded like a wonderful idea! They were all so excited that it was Daddy's birthday!

Daddy always loves homemade gifts better than anything we could buy for him, and the boys love making special things for Daddy. We made hand-print plaques. The big boys on one, and the little boys on another. The big boys each picked their favorite thing about Daddy for me to write on their hand. Jacob said, "My favorite thing about Daddy is that he does nice stuff." Joshua said, " My favorite thing about Daddy is Lions." (you just never know what Joshua will say, LOL). Even little Jamie was excited to have his hand-print drawn. Joe wanted to color his so carefully. It was just precious! Daddy loved his gift and couldn't wait to take them to put on his desk at work!


 Today is a very special day. Today we celebrate the birth of a truly wonderful man. A man who dedicates his life to taking care of what he values most- his family. He loves his children so much and works every day to be the best father he can be. I could not have been blessed with a better man for my children to call "daddy".  I love seeing reflections of him in each of my boys...Jacob has his wit, his charisma, his charm, his "salesman-ness" (lol), his strong personality. Joshua has his compassion and love for others. Joe has his stubbornness and strong-willed nature, his determination, his perseverance, his charm, and his common sense smartness. Jamie has his ability to stay calm and laid back, despite chaos, and his sweet nature. And of course, they all have his stunning good looks. :) Everyone always tells me how much the boys look like Daddy, and I just smile because it makes me so happy.

I am thankful to call this man my husband. I know that we have been through the wringer and then some together, and I know we will always be standing together, holding hands and ready to face anything that comes our way. I am thankful for the close relationship that we share, and I am thrilled to call him my best friend.

Happy Birthday Prince Charming! I pray we will celebrate many more to come, and that God will continue to bless you in the years to come! I love you!

Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment