17 June 2010

Firetrucks and Curriculum



Today we had our monthly Mommy & Me meeting. The firemen and policeman came to show the children the emergency vehicles. The children all loved climbing in the firetruck!

We finally decided on our kindergarten curriculum and Jacob is so excited. He just cannot wait for it to arrive. We ordered the little boys some preschool manipulatives. We are so looking forward to the new curriculum! I was so excited looking through the future grades and seeing how we will be able to teach the boys together and yet on their separate levels. We ended up going with My Father's World. A friend recommended it after I had asked about another program. I am so glad that she did!

I am about to start a new homeschooling group for families of young children. It sounds a bit daunting, but there seems to be a gap that needs to be filled. It's something that I've been feeling a "nudge" about for quite some time, but have continued to put off. (I'm too busy, there's just too much going on, I've never done anything like that before...) But, I will always be busy, there will always be a ton going on, and I'll never have experience unless I do it. So, I am doing it!


Well, I am off to do a little reading and hanging out with Prince Charming before bedtime!

Love,

1 comments:

  1. I think my face would hurt from smiling if I was in your fmaily. It's such a joy to read your posts. Thx for sharing! I hope who ever was bothering you has stopped. You're to sweet for anyone to be mean!

    ReplyDelete