21 June 2010

A Father's Day Poem






What Makes a Dad
God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of the Summer sun,
The calm of the quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of the morning in Spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family in need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so...

He called it Dad!
- author unknown


The boys made tool belts. They colored paper tools and on each tool we wrote something about Daddy that we love.

Jacob said, "I love that Daddy lets me ride with him sometimes", "He works really hard for us", "Hugs and Kisses" and "He is silly with me."

Joshua said, "Big bear hugs", "He likes to hold me", "He works really hard for us", and "He reads me stories."

Joseph said, "Tucks me in at night", "Hugs and Kisses", and "He works really hard for us."




"Honor your father and mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you." ~ Deuteronomy 5:16

Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment