18 June 2009

Greetings From Our New Home!

It has been a week since I last posted...moving has certainly kept me busy!

The actual move went decently well. It was stressful and exhausting and we were taken aback by how much "stuff" there really was. It ended up being 5 truckloads full. I think we have both decided that we just can't move again, LOL.

We were so grateful though for the help of our friends. We could not have managed without their help. Titus and Hannah even sent two of their sons over the next day to help Rick move the last load of things. Even with the help of Titus and Hannah and two of their children, four movers, Adam, and then two more of Titus' children the next day, it was still an overwhelming task! But everything is finally at the new house, the old house is cleaned out, and the unpacking has begun.

Up until yesterday, unpacking was looking like an awfully daunting and nearly impossible task that would take light years to complete. But suddenly yesterday I began to see light at the end of the tunnel. It is going to take time to get everything just right, but I can start to see the hard work paying off.

This house is just beautiful. And seeing our things in their places is just making it even more beautiful to me. I was worried about space in the kitchen, but once I began the process of unpacking and getting it organized I realized that I had just as much actual kitchen cabinet space as I did before...it just doesn't "look" like it. The one area where I don't have as much as space is the pantry, but we do have a full basement so I am going to set up a second pantry downstairs.

The living room has ended up being bigger than I thought it was, even with our large furniture placed in it. I LOVE the bookshelves around the fireplace. It's a cozy room to be in, it just feels comfortable.

The dining room is very pretty. I was concerned about how to get our large china cabinet and table to fit right, but it all came together. It is the first room that you see when you come in to our house, so I like that our china cabinet has a prominent location.

Even the playroom was larger than I thought it was. We ended up having more room for furniture in there than I expected. I really like having it right off of the kitchen, and I like having a place for all the toys that isn't right where you see it when we have guests.

The boy's room also ended up being surprisingly big, and all three boys' beds fit perfectly. They are really enjoying sharing a room. Joshua made the transition to a big boy bed seamlessly.

Our master bedroom is just amazing. I think we will really like having the adjacent sitting room.

I will share pictures very soon- I promise! Everything is still a mess, but I am hoping that after this weekend it will start to look like an actual "home" :).

Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment