01 June 2009

"I am NOT a baby anymore!"


After lunch Jacob and Joshua always take their plates to the sink, and then Jacob helps with clearing any other dishes from the table, including Joseph's. Well, today as I was asking Jacob to take Joseph's plate to the sink, little Joe looked up at me with a frustrated look as he reached for his plate. I realized that he didn't want Jacob to take his plate, he wanted to take it himself! And so he did. He could not get it up into the sink, but he was proud enough just knowing that he had carried it from the table to there, all by himself.

Now that he is a full time "walker", I suppose it is time to accept that he is not a little baby anymore, but a full blown toddler. Why is it so hard to let go, even of just the little things????

Hugs,

0 comments:

Post a Comment