14 January 2010

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful for my oldest son, Jacob. He has become my little right hand man...He's always right there, wanting to help me with something. He loves the early afternoons when his brothers take a nap, and he gets to work on things with me.


Lately his favorite thing to help with is working in the kitchen. He loves to help me when I bake. He is learning so much that it baffles my mind! The other day, we were making bread and I told him, "We need five a half cups of flour." I put in one cup and then asked, "Do you know how many we need now?" I really did not expect him to know the answer, but he said, "We need four and a half!" I was flabbergasted!

Another day, we were baking something, and I had read the recipe out loud before getting started. I went to add the baking soda but instead reached for the baking powder without thinking. Jacob said "Wait Mommy! That's baking powder!" Again, I was amazed! How'd he get so smart???

The other day while we were working in the kitchen he asked if he could have an apron, too. I remembered an apron that I had that wasn't too "girly" and I knew it was on the smaller side, so I tried it on him. Oh he was so excited. He LOVED it. He kept saying, "I really love chickens. Chickens are my favorite" He was so proud of HIS knew apron. So, now his apron hangs on the back of the laundry room door with mine. :)



Jacob has always enjoyed his role as older brother, but now that he has grown even bigger, he is enjoying getting to help even more. The other day I was sitting down to feed Jamie, and he asked "Can I feed him?" I was hesitant at first, but then thought, "why not?" So I sat down beside him and let him feed his baby brother. I loved seeing little Jamie look up at him with this adoring look. So precious!




I just love watching Jacob interact with his brothers. They look up to him so much, and he seems to really enjoy getting to teach them things, and help them with things. I am glad he is there to set a good example for them. I am glad Joshua has him as a best friend, and that Jacob is always there to help him with things, or to encourage him. I am glad Joseph has a big brother who is patient with him, and who likes playing with him.

I love you, Jacob! And I am so thankful that God has blessed our family by making you a part of it!

Love,

1 comments:

  1. he looks like he is such a good boy! sounds like he is a real blessing.

    ReplyDelete