07 January 2010

Thankful Thursday


I have so much to be thankful for. This is something that I always know but honestly, sometimes I think I take it too lightly.

The other day, I was having a busy day, and not feeling particularly well. I was looking for an easy solution for dinner. As I looked through my freezer, I picked one of several roasts and decided to "just throw it in the crockpot". I didn't think much of it until a friend mentioned something about how nice it would be to have a roast...She mentioned how they were having to stretch their grocery dollars...

I had such a pang of guilt in my stomach. I didn't feel guilty for having the roast, or even that we could eat a roast on a random Monday. What made me feel guilty was my flippant attitude about it. So many people are struggling, and I just "toss" in a roast without a thought for what a blessing it is to have the roast in the first place.

Has painful as it was to see my attitude, it was a wonderful reminder that I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for the abundance that we have, but more thankful that even though I don't always see it, it has been there. I'm thankful for my husband, who lovingly provides for us, and thankful for my children who think peanut butter and jelly on my homemade bread is the best lunch in the world.

And...I am thankful for this adorable little guy who is now SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! Yippee!

Love,

1 comments:

  1. aren't we all so guilty of this? how many of us are actually grateful for the things we have? you make me think, my dear! what a sweet lady you are.

    ReplyDelete