12 January 2010

Simple Woman's Day Book



Outside my window... cold and gray and snowy.

I am thinking... Why does Jacob have to tell me everytime he needs to use the bathroom?

From the learning rooms... The boys new favorite story is about Jesus calming the storm. Our children our weird though and now Joshua pretends he is "Thunder" and Jacob is "The Storm." As Rick says...they sound like a cheesy 80's wrestling team.."Thunder and the Storm!"

I am thankful for...new dresses we found at Target.

From the kitchen...ranch dip with crackers (I had a craving, lol) And for dinner, I'm thinking sausage and mashed potato bake.

I am wearing..a green, navy and yellow plaid dress. (new!) and a taupe cardigan

I am reading... um, um, um, reading?

I am hoping... to shake this stinking headache :)

I am creating... um, um, um, creating?

I am praying... I have been really struggling with just feeling exhausted lately, and I am really praying that I can start to feel like myself again.

Around the house... packing away Christmas things and bringing back out the regular decoratives. Laundry, laundry, and laundry.

One of my favorite things...putting together a puzzle while singing hymns.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I really don't have any major plans...just working around the house. Oh, we are moving a bookshelf into the sitting room and planning to make that room more of a study...

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you..



Love,

6 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I'm sure you are reading... they just might be kids books, and you are creating... a wonderful life with all your boys! :) I read your blog because it reminds me of my life when mine were little and trust me "you're going to miss this"! Cherish every silly moment, and enjoy those endless winter days! I now have time to read and create... and I miss the days that you have... I am secretly hoping for a snowstorm that would force our family to be housebound for two weeks!! You have a beautiful life and it is nice to be able to get a little peek at it. My only complaint... the light pink writing is a little hard to read for my tired, old eyes (I'm only 40?) Ha!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Rebecca in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I believe that sometimes I get busy and almost forget to stop and cherish all of these precious moments.

    I must say that being snowed in was a wonderful blessing! It felt so good to just be home, and be content with just being home, and we had time to just "enjoy each other". It was wonderful. It was a definite reminder that perhaps we should find more "excuses" to stay home. :)

    I will see if I can make the writing a little easier to read. Thanks for letting me know!

    Through His Abundant Blessings,
    Melly Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how big that baby has gotten! What are you feeding him???

    He's beautiful. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    Thanks! He is certainly a big blessing! He's growing too fast...

    Hugs,
    Melly Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a really stupid question, and I know you probably get sick of questions like this. But as an overwhelmed mom to three I just have to ask!

    How do you find time to always look so put together? Every picture I see of you you are well dressed with makeup on and you like like you are just so calm and collected. Please share your secret!

    No matter how much I try I always look like the frazzled housewife.

    TIA for your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anonymous,
    Your question is actually rather flattering!

    The short answer is that I certainly do not always FEEL put together! But I do try to make an effort to take a few minutes and put on makeup and a nice outfit each day. I have found, that for me, what I am wearing affects my frame of mind. So, "looking" put together helps me to feel that way...even when it's not true, LOL.

    I assure you there are times where I look rather frazzled (and usually it's because I AM frazzled). And sometimes, despite my best efforts to put on something cute, I still end up covered in baby spit up and bananas.

    At some point, I just decided to make it a priority to spend 20 minutes in the morning to get dressed. Honestly, it doesn't take me any longer to throw on a skirt and sweater than it would a pair of sweats, and I am usually just as comfortable. (comfort is fairly important to me because I am just too busy to be uncomfortable, lol)

    Several months ago I wrote a post on why it is important to me to dress a little "nice", even if I am just staying home. Here's the post: http://mellyelizabethsmusings.blogspot.com/2009/07/thoughts-on-being-homemaker.html

    Hugs,
    Melly Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete