08 December 2009

Christmas Around Our Home

The children had fun helping to decorate our mini-tree in the living room. They REALLY wanted bows on the tree :).

I love seeing our stockings hanging in a row on the fireplace. Next year I am hoping to embroider names on each stocking.

I think decorating the tree is one of my favorite parts of getting the house ready for Christmas. For some reason, putting the ornaments on the tree makes me slow down and just think about each person in my family and all of the things about them that I love. I love seeing how the boys get so excited about the "Christmas balls" and the ornaments that look like toys. I love the way the light reflects off of shiny ornaments, and the way the glitter sparkles on others. I love singing Christmas carols and hymns as we hang ornaments!
I think our Advent wreath is my favorite tradition during this time of year. I love lighting a candle each night at dinner and singing together! I love how the boys look forward to this each day.

During the Christmas season, we leave our table set with the Christmas dishes. Joshua especially loves getting to eat on our "Chrimas" dishes for dinner. He even calls our silverware "Chrimas spoons". Apparently food even tastes better on "Chrimas" plates.

This is our Advent chain. Each day we pull a ring as we count down the days until Jesus' birthday. The boys decided that we really need to make Him a special birthday cake. I think it's a wonderful idea!

This is our Jesse Tree Advent Calendar.

I love this time of year. I love decorating our home to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I love seeing my children's faces light up when the look at the sparkly lights on the tree, or talk about the Nativity scene.

Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment