02 December 2009

A Good Day...

Today was one of the good days. I don't know why, but everything just seemed to run smoothly. It was a nice change of pace, because lately it has seemed like there have been more of the challenging days!

We got a late start so I was worried it would be another day of playing "catch-up". With Jamie not sleeping through the night yet it feels like we are always running behind schedule and feeling a little sluggish.

But today something amazing happened. All of the "systems" we have been working hard to implement just worked. This morning as I unloaded the dishwasher and reset the Christmas dishes on the dining room table, I smiled as I realized that the table would already be nicely set for dinner. And then, after breakfast, I smiled again as I watched Jacob loading the dishwasher, Joseph helping to wipe the table, and Joshua sweeping the floor. As I walked into the laundry room, I smiled as I just had to start the washer, because there was already a load in the machine, just waiting for me to start it. As I brought the clean clothes upstairs, I smiled yet again to see the laundry baskets lined up, just waiting for me to be able to sort the clothes into everyone's individual baskets. And now, it will be so easy for the boys to put their clothes away. It all sounds like such simple little things, but today, it just all seemed to fall into place. :)

Dinner was easy. I decided to cut up the leftover turkey and use it in my Chicken and Broccoli Casserole recipe. It was so nice to have the time to put it together and have it just ready to go into the oven once it is time. This left me with time to bake a couple loaves of bread. A dear friend of mine was telling me about how she uses her Kitchenaid to knead her dough, and believe it or not, I had never tried this! So, I decided to give it a go, and WOW, it saved me so much time, and was so much less of a mess to clean up.
School ran smoothly today, too. Jacob really loves to learn! As we were reviewing his letter flashcards, we played the "What starts with..." game, and I was just amazed to hear how many words he knew for each letter. When did my little Jakers become such a big boy???
Our day went so smoothly that I had time to enjoy a nice cup of peppermint tea this afternoon. I was telling a friend how much I enjoy tea and it made me realize that I have a ridiculously large tea collection...especially considering how much coffee I also drink, lol.
Well, I am off to bask in the pleasantness of my day. I am hopeful that today is just one of many more smoothly running days to come.

Pax Christi,

0 comments:

Post a Comment