26 February 2009

Thankful Thursday



God has such perfect timing!

I was just thinking last eve about how I really have so much to be thankful for. It is difficult to see it at times, life has a funny way of trying to get in the way of that. But even in the midst of trials and difficult struggles, we have so much reason to rejoice!

We have a hymn that we sing at every meal, after the blessing. And the last day or so this hymn has been on my heart every time I want to get frustrated or feel discouraged. God laid it on my heart to share it, so here are the words:

"Praise God from Whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures here below,
Praise Him above ye heavenly host,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
Amen."

Today I am so thankful for...
children who are so healthy, happy, and full of life
my home, which is more than we need
having an abundance of food
the earthly comforts that God is so gracious to provide for us
and the blessing of friends, who have been there to support me through difficult times
and the encouragement I have recieved lately that has helped in renewing my strength.

In His Abounding Grace,

0 comments:

Post a Comment