25 February 2009

Sister Sewing

Yesterday was Sister Sewing at church. It was such a lovely time of quilting and fellowship! They boys thoroughly enjoyed a day of playing with the other children. It amazes me to watch them run off and play. Jacob is growing up so much, and seems like one of the "big boys" when playing amongst the other little boys. He has grown so independent (at least at times), he loved playing outside and didn't even realize until after we were home that he had been playing outside without mama beside him!

I have decided that I really enjoy quilting. Perhaps next winter I will have to make one!

The lady who gave the devotion spoke about having a "Mary" heart even though we have "Martha" work to do, and I thought this was so pertinent in my life right now. As the mother of young children and a wife with a household to manage, it seems I am always so busy. But we musn't let our business take over and find ourselves with no time for prayer or devotions or Bible reading! These things are exactly what we need to renew our strength and keep our focus where it should be. We must find time to sit quietly at the feet of Jesus!

0 comments:

Post a Comment