09 September 2008

Getting Back to "Normal"

This weekend I worked diligently on putting together a new menu using a few new frugal recipes and our family favorites. (I will add the new menu to my homemaking site as soon as I have time) I also cut pieces to make two more dresses. I was able to use a length of fabric that was given to me by a friend for one of the dresses. A free dress, how very neat! I hope to have some time this afternoon to do a little sewing. I have been busy cleaning out my closet, and have decided to part with about 90% of what is in there. I have no need for so many clothes, so in the spirit of simplifying, I am pairing down. I would like to say that this was easy for me, but my human nature has a love of clothes, even if I don't wear them all. But, they are out of my closet now, and in a massive pile on the bedroom floor, ready to be sorted and added to our store inventory.

We also spent time this weekend getting our house back in order. Our routine has fallen apart a bit this last week, with all that has been going on. We are working to get things back into order, and back to "normal".

Tonight for dinner we are having pinto beans, rice, and cornbread. I love the smell of beans cooking. It fills the house with such a warm and comforting aroma. I don't know what it is about beans and rice mixed with a little mayonnaise and hot sauce that just tastes like home. Perhaps it is a Southern thing.


0 comments:

Post a Comment