23 September 2008

Kitchen Cleaning Challenge



A few lady friends and I have decided to really focus in on cleaning the house over the next couple of weeks. We are starting with our kitchens, which I think is a lovely idea. The kitchen seems to set the tone for the entire house. It is the room which is used most frequently throughout the day, and likely is the easiest to become messy.

My Kitchen To-Do List:
1. Take all decoratives off of the counters and thoroughly clean counter tops.
2. Clean out side of oven and microwave.
3. Clean inside of oven and microwave.
4. Clean stove top.
5. Wipe down cabinet doors and drawers.
6. Polish refrigerator doors.
7. Clean out refrigerator.
8. Clean inside of refrigerator.
9. Polish sink faucets, give sink a good wipe down.
10. Dust decoratives.
11. Sweep.
12. Air out mats.
13. Mop.
14. Straighten towels and dishcloths drawer.
15. Straighten toys in the playpen, wipe everything down. (Yes, I have a playpen in the kitchen, our current kitchen is rather large and we spend a good deal of time in there, so it just makes sense :))
16. Wipe down garbage can and compost bin.
17. Wipe down baby walker.
18. Clean outside of dishwasher.
19. Wipe down blinds.
20. Enjoy my fresh clean kitchen! :)


I may not be able to get it all done as my little ones are a little, well, rambunctious today. But perhaps during nap I will have time to do a nice thorough cleaning of the kitchen. Singing my favorite hymns as I clean would make for a nice afternoon.
( I will add a picture once I am finished:))



Happy Homemaking,

0 comments:

Post a Comment