11 July 2008

Helping Playmates, Serving Mother, They are Serving Jesus Still

It is such an amazing feeling as a mother when your children start showing that they are actually listening, and show the fruits of what you have been teaching them. It is just so cool.

Jacob has lately really come into his role as the biggest brother. He is constantly trying to show Joshua how to do things, and helping him with things. Yesterday I had asked them to start cleaning up the school room, and a few minutes later I turned around to see Jacob helping Joshua to put all of the play dishes in their tub. It was just so precious! He would hand him a dish and say “Ok Joshie, now put it in the box. Great Job Joshie!” He was speaking with such kindness, I literally almost teared up.

We have this poem that we read each morning as we get dressed. I read it to Joshua as I get him dressed, and then I read it again as I help Jacob. We do this everyday, and sometimes even during diaper changes. I’m not sure where it came from originally, but I printed it out and decorated it, and framed it to hang in their bedroom. I just love this poem as I think it teaches children how they can serve Jesus, even when they are little.

Serving Jesus
~Unknown
Children’s hands can work for Jesus,
Glad to do His holy will;
Helping playmates, serving mother,
They are serving Jesus still.

Let your hand be quick and true;
God will give them work to do.

Children’s lips can move for Jesus,
Speaking gently all the while,
Making other people happy,
With a love-word and a smile.

Let your speach in kindness fall;
Jesus listens to it all.

Children’s feet can run for Jesus,
And for Him sweet comfort take
To the hearts bowed low in sorrow,
Blessing all for His dear sake.

Let your footsteps gladness bring,
Doing errands for the King.

The boys just love this poem. As soon as I put Joshua on the changing table, he points to it and says “Jesus!”



With a Servant's Heart,

0 comments:

Post a Comment