11 January 2011

Our Days...Little Jewel Style

We have been reading a lot of the Little Jewel books from Rod and Staff lately. Our children love reading them, and I find the simple stories to be so wholesome and edifying. The boys really like that the stories resemble their own lives, and the pictures in the books look like us and our church family. They want to read story after story, and I enjoy reading to them as well!

One thing I really like about the books is that the story lines are so simple, and so practical, and so true to what our life is like, and what we strive for our lives to be like. So many times we read a story and the boys comment, "Oh, that's just like my mommy!", or "I do that too!". They like the books so much that we have even made copies of a few key pages to put on our refrigerator for encouragement! Reading these books has been such a good example of how children should behave, whenever Joshua starts to feel like his attitude is not quite right, he begs me to read him his favorite book, "God's Happy Family". Our copy is already looking well loved!

I thought I would share some of our day, Little Jewel style...

I like to help when mother bakes! We make our cookies and pies and cakes.

Big brother helps in the kitchen. He knows what a blessing it is to help mother!


I like to hold our baby dear! There are many things that I can do! I love my brothers and spread some cheer!


Many hands make light work!


Mother dear rocks our baby sweet.

We love when supper time is near, because it means the arrival of father dear. We watch for him on the gravel lane. Do we hear the crunch crunch of footsteps on the gravel?

God gave us fathers, to teach us to work and teach us to play. He reads us our stories and teaches us to pray.


Sometimes our lives seem so simple. There's not much that's exciting in our day to day world (although there has been almost too much excitement recently, but that's another post...) but sometimes the simple moments are the sweetest. I love when little James falls asleep in my arms, or when one of my big boys offers to help. In these little moments I feel God's love for me. His love is in the slobbery kisses of toddlers, and sticky hands of little helpers. His love is all around me.

Blessings,

1 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and precious.You are doing the Lord's work! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete