14 January 2011

Do You Have Confidence, or Not?

Our little Joseph has the cutest way of asking questions. Everything has to end in an "or not". "Do you like chicken, or not?" "Are you sleepy, or not?" I love the way he asks questions, and I hope this phase takes a long time to grow out of!

But on to the point...

Some time ago, I had met a new friend. This friend had been reading my blog before we met face to face. One day we were talking and she told me that one thing that had really stood out to her from reading my writings was my confidence. Confidence in the things our family was doing, confidence in how we are raising our children, confidence in who I am. I remember being so shocked by that. Me? Confident? After thinking further about it, I realized she was right. I did have a lot of confidence in what I believe, and who I am.

Somewhere along the way, that confidence began to slip away. I do not exactly know why, and I believe that it happened so slowly and gradually, that I didn't see it happening. I woke up one day feeling like I was adrift...

Do you know what is so amazing though? I quickly realized that the confidence wasn't gone. Even more amazing was to realize that the confidence that I had in these things can't be lost, because it doesn't come from me. What an awesome sense of power to know that Our Father supplies us with everything we need to fulfill the plans that He has for us. It's so wonderful to know that I don't have to do it alone!

I don't feel adrift anymore. My Heavenly Father knew that I needed a little encouragement, and He has moved mountains, rearranged paths, knocked down walls and built bridges wherever need be. Oh, how loved I am!

Do you have confidence, or not? I do.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive." Jeremiah 29:11

In Christ's Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment