04 January 2011

Bedtime Routine


Our bedtime has been much the same for years. It has been so neat to see our little family grow and continue on with the same traditions.

First everyone gets changed into their "nannies" (otherwise known as pajamas). We then read a bible story from Egermeiers Bible Story book. This tradition is especially sweet because Rick's grandfather, whom we were very close to, gave us this book. It was his book from when he was a small boy. It is so precious to us!

Once the story has been read, we say our prayers. I absolutely love listening to my husband pray with our children.

After prayer time we sing our night-night song. We have sung the same song since Jacob was a little baby. It is actually a VeggieTales song (which I realize is a bit ironic, since we don't watch VeggieTales, but we really liked the message of the song)

I thank God for this day, for the sun in the sky,
for my mom and my dad, and my piece of apple pie,
for my house on the ground, for His love that's all around,
that's why I say "thanks" everyday!

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart.
I'm glad for what I have, that's an easy way to start.
For the love that He shares, 'cuz He listens to our prayers,
that's why I say "thanks" ever
yday!


The boys love our routine, and look forward to it each evening. I love that we are building lasting traditions with them.

In Christ's Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment