12 January 2011

Daily Happenings of Milk and Dishes

Today was one of those days that seemed a little extra busy, although I'm not quite sure why! There was nothing out of the ordinary, just a typical day in our abode!

Jacob's new favorite chore around the house is washing dishes. He actually asks if he may do the dishes. Today he told me that he wants to be the only one who washes dishes...unless he has to go to bed earlier and then he wouldn't mind if mommy or daddy did any that were leftover. :) Cheerful and willing helpers are such a blessing to their parents!

This afternoon I cut out four dresses and worked on a pajama pattern for Jacob, and then cut out a pair for him. He and Joshua have been asking me to make them "plain nannies". I think it is so sweet how they want even their nightclothes to be modest and plain. Jacob told me today that he only wants to wear clothes that his mama makes because he knows that I love God and he doesn't know whether the people who make the clothes from stores do or not. He is such a deep thinker for a boy of five years!

Somehow we ended up with two gallons of milk leftover this week! I'm not quite sure how that happened, but I needed to use it up today since we usually pick up our milk at church on Wednesday evenings. I thought about cooking some different things that require a lot of milk, but then realized that the milk was really on the edge of freshness. I decided instead to set it aside for making cheese. We have not made cheese in a couple of years, so it is long overdue! I poured the two leftover gallons into our big stock pot, and set it out to let it "clabber". It should be ready for the next step by tomorrow or so.

Tomorrow my youth girl helper, Linda, will be here. I am hoping to be able to work on my sewing while she is here. The boys always enjoy helping her clean, so I should have a little extra time on my hands. :) I still have quite a long sewing to-do list, and I am hoping to accomplish most of it while it is still cold yet. I know that Spring time will be rather busy with gardens and chickens and what-not! (yikes! It's probably time to be working on those plans as well!) Busy days are good days though.

In His Love and Care,

0 comments:

Post a Comment