02 December 2005

Reflections and Christmas Planning

As the year is ending it is a wonderful time to reflect on the past year. Life has been so good to us: a beautiful child, a lovely home, a sweet puppy, a wonderful marriage, good relationships with family. I am so glad that Mom and I have become close. So many wives do not have a good relationship with their mother-in-law, so I am thankful that is not the case for me. I care for her as if she were my own mother. And I am grateful for my relationship with Papa. He is such a sweet and wonderful man. I am so incredibly happy to have my precious baby boy in my life. He is an amazing little person! I love my little puppy. She was such a great companion during my pregnancy, and she has her own special place in our family. But I am most grateful about my amazing relationship with my loving and adoring husband. What a great life we have built together!

This has been the best year of my life so far, and we have so much to look forward to in the coming years. I am excited to watch Jacob learn and grow. I am excited to rejoice in each new milestone reached, both small and large. Jacob seems to be learning something new everyday. It is exciting!

It is the holiday season! My favorite time of the year! I just love Christmas. This Christmas will be so much fun. Little Jacob's first Christmas! Princess' first Christmas, too! This is going to be fun.

We have been watching a fascinating documentary on the history of the Presidents. It is so interesting. We love history, and are fascinated by it.

It is time to begin planning for the Christmas get-together. Everyone is coming to our house this year. I am not sure yet who is coming. I know Mom, Dad, Beth, Memaw and Papa are probably coming. I think it will be great fun! We have developed our own sweet little traditions. On Christmas Eve we exchange one gift each of special Christmas pajamas.

This weekend we are going to buy a tree for the living room. I want to have a tree with colored lights and child-oriented decorations in the living room, and a tree with white lights and more formal decorations in the dining room. I am even putting a small tree in the den. I have Christmas decorations in every room of the house. Christmas is so much fun!

Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment