25 August 2008

It Could Only Happen To Me...

Oh, sometimes my life is just plain silly. Stuff seems to happen to me where it’s like, “How in the world?” I mean, seriously, crazy stuff just seems to happen in my life.

So the other day I had let Jacob skip his nap because he wasn’t tired and was in a pretty good mood. So when it was time to wake up Joshua, he wanted to do it. So he went to open the door and I was right behind him when suddenly I heard a loud noise and then felt something hit me in the head. Then I heard Jacob screaming and realized that something had hit him too. Apparently the molding across the top of the doorway just fell off. Seriously. It just fell off, hit me in the head and then hit him and then landed on the floor. It was totally insane.

Then today I went to go get something out of the basement. Our basement door is actually a trap door in the school room floor. When we moved in my husband installed a sliding lock on the inside. I was so worried about if a tornado came it would rip off the door and we’d all go flying away. (yes, I realize this is completely irrational, but I am sooooo afraid of storms, and terribly afraid that one would hit in the middle of the day when it’s just me and the children and I wouldn’t have enough hands to hold everyone if a tornado ripped off the door. It made me feel better to know it locked, not that a little lock would stop a tornado, but hey, it made me feel better.) Anyway, apparently the door has somehow locked itself and now we cannot open the basement door. I guess the whole point of a lock is that you cannot open the door, but it never occurred to us that the door might lock itself. Now what???????

I suppose now I just have to wait to for my husband to get home to try and figure this out. He’s gotten some crazy suggestions from his guys at work…one suggested using a giant magnet. LOL I’m not so sure that would work. Oh the silliness…



Mildly Embarrassed at my Ridiculouness, lol,

0 comments:

Post a Comment