14 August 2008

Dinosaur Chicken and Tractor Crash



Oh how being the mother of little boys changes you…

I was making the boys chicken nuggets for lunch, and thought “These are probably loaded with all sorts of additives and preservatives that you aren’t supposed to feed to your children.” But then I had the thought “Well yes but they are shaped like dinosaurs!” Like that makes everything ok. But when you are three and your chicken is shaped like dinosaur, it matters. I suppose we can worry about the additives some other day…

Isn’t it funny how little boys just have this inner need to crash things into each other? Apparently being a boy makes you think in very different ways. I personally have never had the desire to crash anything, but what do I know? I don’t have an ounce of testosterone in me, which is probably a good thing. Earlier we had a tractor crash. Yes, I realize that one is a school bus and the other a firetruck, but in our house they are both tractors. Jacob decided about two years ago that his firetruck was a tractor and it has been one ever since. Well then of course Joshua needed a tractor also, so his school bus is a tractor.

Little Joe is just too sweet. The other morning I was walking by his room and I heard him giggling in his crib. He seems to just have an amazing sense of humor. He laughs all the time. I’m not even sure what he is laughing at. Everything is hilarious. But giggles are certainly a nice way to wake up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment