05 August 2008

Happy Birthday Jacob!

My little Jacob is becoming not so little anymore. Yesterday was his third birthday. “Three” sounds so little, but when I look at him he doesn’t seem “little” to me.

It seems like three years has gone by so quickly and yet it also seems like Jacob has always been here, always been a part of our lives. He is so amazing, and I am so thankful to be his mommy.

This is the first year that Jacob has had any anticipation of his birthday. He knew it was coming and was just so excited. When we were talking about his birthday coming his eyes got really big and he said in the sweetest voice “When it’s my birthday I can sleep on my decoration pillow (the decorative pillow on his bed)? I will sleep on my decoration pillow, I will!” So of course we let him. I thought it was so sweet that of all the things he could ask for that was what he wanted.

For his birthday we went to the park. The boys had so much fun on the playground. I love my cautious little Jakers. He wanted to hold one of our hands every time he went down the slide. We finally convinced him to try it by himself, but he still prefers if we will hold his hand. Joshua on the other hand kept trying to go down the slide head first. And then he would try and climb back up the slide, which of course was driving Jacob crazy. “No Joshie! That’s the wrong way!” Joshua was so brave about going up the steps of the slide. I kept wanting to hold him back, but sometimes you just have to let go. I just know we’re going to end up in the emergency room with that boy…

We had a farm cake, as tractors are still high on his list of favorites. Jacob loves tractors and trains, but we had a train cake last year and he decided that he wanted a tractor cake this year. He loved the cake! It had a little barn, and a farmer, and animals, and of course a cute little red tractor. He had more fun playing with the decorations than actually eating the cake. Joshua just really liked eating cake. I’m not sure if he likes anything more than cake… We also had chocolate ice cream.

Jacob got to choose what we had for dinner and he decided on Mexican. He loves to “eat Mexicans”. So we went to the mexican restaurant in town and had taco salads. He loves taco salad.

We also went for a drive where we knew we would see trains. He loves to go looking for trains. We live in a rural area where there are a lot of trains. We came up on two different trains where he could see them right up close. He really enjoyed that.

It was a nice birthday, and a nice way to end our week of vacation.

Happy Birthday Jacob, we love you so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment