01 June 2012

National Donut Day!

 What's a girl to do on National Donut Day? Why, make donuts, of course! I decided to make baked donuts, since I didn't really want to pull out the deep fryer. Plus, since they're baked, they're healthy, right? Ok, maybe not so much. But, it was worth a try!

We made Baked Blueberry Donuts. My trusted kitchen helper put together the batter for me.

 Baked Blueberry Donuts

Ingredients:
1 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 T milk
2 eggs
3 T oil
2 T water
1/2 c. blueberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Mix dry ingredients together. Crush berries in a separate bowl with a fork. Mix together milk, eggs, oil, blueberries, and water. Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture and stir till just combined.

Pour into donut pan. I actually didn't have a donut pan (shocking, I know!), so I used my mini bundt cake pan. It worked just fine!

Bake for 16-18 minutes.

 While the donuts are cooling, make the glaze.

Glaze

Ingredients:
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
water

Directions:
Mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add 1 tsp. water at a time until drizzling consistency is reached. Drizzle over cooled donuts.


My crowd of hungry boys thoroughly enjoyed National Donut Day. We will have to do this again next year!

Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment