29 May 2012

Baking For the Freezer

 Saturday I spent the day bulk cooking with a friend. We made crock-pot freezer meals, which I have planned to use mostly for noon meals. That way I can just dump the bag into the crock-pot early in the morning, and we have a nice hot meal ready in the middle of the day...no matter how busy it's been!



This fantastic idea made me realize that it would be easy to solve the other problem spot in our day- breakfast. So, I decided to bake up a storm and fill my freezer! We also made a couple of non-breakfast items that will help out with menu planning.

Here's what we made:


Dinner Rolls
Apple Breakfast Bars
Granola
Pizza Dough

I've already gotten a lot of requests for recipes from posting about this on Facebook- I'll try to get the other recipes up very soon!

It was a great feeling to get so much accomplished. I'm also truly thankful for the world's greatest sous chef!


To store my baked goods, I wrapped them in a double layer of plastic wrap, and then a tight layer of aluminum foil. I also labeled them with the contents and date. 

There's really two ways I defrost them. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll pull out what I need the day before and just let it thaw out overnight. Then I can just reheat. But, if I need something right away, I do use the microwave. Surprisingly it tastes just as fresh as it did when first baked! 

                   


I'm sure I'll be doing much more of this in the future. I'm so thankful for these little tools to keep my home running smoothly!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melly,
    Thank you so much for posting links to the recipes. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I'll try to get the others added here and to the website very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete