22 June 2012

Homemade Pizza Dough



 After my post on baking for the freezer, I had quite a few requests for my pizza dough recipe. So, after much delay, here it is!


Ingredients:
1 c. warm water
1 tsp salt
3 c. flour
1 tbsp yeast

Directions:
I prepare the dough just as I would for making bread. I use my kitchen aid mixer for the kneading.
Let the dough rise, and then roll it out into shape, then let rise again for about 25 minutes.

Once the dough has risen the second time, I do a prebake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes. Once cooled, wrap for the freezer. I used two layers of plastic wrap and a layer of aluminum foil.

When ready to use, simply pull from the freezer, cover with toppings, and bake for 20 minutes.


For this pizza I made a pizza sauce with diced tomatoes, garlic and Italian seasonings. I topped it with colby jack cheese and squash and zucchini that we had in the freezer from last year's garden. It was fantastic!

Homemade pizza is quickly becoming a Friday night tradition in our home. We abstain from eating meat on Fridays, so I've been looking for yummy, and simple, meatless meals.

Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment