23 August 2010

Cow Puppets!


This weeks preschool lessons for little Joe are about cows, so today we all made cow puppets. I thought the big boys would enjoy doing this craft as well. :)


After we had made the puppets, Jacob realized something was missing...We had forgotten to draw on their hearts! I just love my precious Jacob!


 We had a rather good school day. Our memory verse this week, Matthew 5:9, "Blessed are the peacemakers..." was just the verse my heart needed. I love how God works that way! We talked about the story of Abraham and Lot, and how Lot chose for himself the better pasture. I love God's timing, and how he can use teaching a child a bible story to remind us of such important lessons. By taking the best for himself, Lot positioned himself right near two wicked cities, and brought pain into his family. What a powerful lesson!

I was so blessed today by a lady I don't really even know. My amazing friends have been helping out with meals while I have been recovering from my back problems. A few of the ladies that I do not know have even brought meals. This lady brought over a delicious Turkish meal (I had never had Turkish food before!) which our family very much enjoyed. She also brought me this pot of yellow flowers, and can I just tell you how much that made my day! It was like bringing in a pot of sunshine! I just know I will feel the kindness of her gesture whenever I see them on the table. What a sweet, sweet lady!



Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment