04 November 2008

Harvest Blessings

Our new friend is going today to a shop in town and is picking us up a few bags of potatoes, she found them for 15 lbs for a dollar! It looks like we are going to be having quite a few potatoes in the near future! She is also giving us a bunch of the pumpkins left over from her harvest gathering decorations, so I am going to be making some pumpkin recipes as well. It is so neat how God can provide for our needs, even when we are not struggling financially. I have learned that many times He provides things for us that we do not yet know we need, so perhaps He is supplying food so that funds may go to other needs. We may never know, but I am thankful nonetheless!

I started a new Yahoo Group. I had never really thought about doing something like that, as I am really rather shy and tend to like to leave the leading up to someone else. But the subject kept coming up and finally I realized that perhaps I should listen! I pray that God will use this tool for His purposes and that someone may be blessed by it. Maybe it will be an encouragement to me as well :).

We have reworked our schedule again. We tend to rework it frequently to keep it updated and working best. We tried a little different approach this time though as we were discovering that often times we would need to rearrange our day according to the children's needs. So we wrote each block of time on a separate index card for each family member and put them up on the wall. This way we can take a card and swap it with another if we need to move things around. So far we really like it and it is working well. Jacob liked that I color coded it (a child after my own heart :)). He was excited to start following the new schedule and frequently runs over to ask which one we are doing next. It would be neat to have pictures of the different activities and then make a schedule with pictures for the little ones to follow. I may have to do that at some point...

I finally finished the cross-stitching that I was working one, and have already begun another project. I have also been struggling to learn to crochet. I do not know why but I just cannot grasp this skill. It frustrates me because knitting came easily, as did sewing, and so many other skills, but I just cannot figure this out. I am stubbornly determined though to learn, so I will just have to keep at it!

I am thinking that I might do a verse by verse study on Proverbs 31. I have really been thinking a lot about what the role of a biblical lady really is, what all does it encompass, where are my strengths and weaknesses. I just feel as if I am really wanting to grow in this area. Perhaps I will start a study on the new group...

Harvest Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment