10 November 2008

Good Morning!

Good morning dear sisters in Christ! I pray this day finds you all well.

We have had a busy weekend. A friend of ours came across a deal on potatoes for 15 lbs for $1! They are leftovers from I think she said a food service supply house. So we now have 45 lbs of potatoes that need to be used very quickly. We also came across a deal on apples, a half bushel for $5 ( I believe that is 25 lbs). And then a friend of ours had pumpkins left over from her harvest gathering decorations, so we have 4 large pumpkins that also need to be used right away. Needless to say we have a LOT to do in the kitchen! Saturday we peeled, cored, and sliced the entire half bushel of apples, and 15 lbs of the potatoes. We already have those pototoes cooked and mashed for making potato breads and pancakes that we can freeze. We also canned a batch of apple butter. The apple butter turned out very delicious so I am quite pleased! I think I am going to be quite busy in the kitchen over the next few days.

We also started a huge reorganization project around the house this weekend. We had a spare room that I used to use as a craft room (although I found I never had time to go back there so I had moved all of my things to more practical locations) so we decided to turn that into a play room. We were finding that having toys in the school room was a distraction, so moving everything into a play room just made sense. There was quite a bit of rearranging and moving things to different rooms, so the house feels like it's in a bit of an upheaval right now. But I am working on getting it all straightened out. :)

I will get the next verse of Proverbs 31 sent out later today.

Hugs and Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment