30 October 2009

Frugal Friday


This one may not apply to everyone, but for those of us with little ones still using diapers, pull-ups or wipes-
I tend to buy these things in the largest packs they have, LOL, which means they come in boxes. I use to throw these boxes away, and then when we were in the process of packing to move I started saving them to use for smaller items. After we moved I realized we had a TON of these boxes, and ever since then I cannot bring myself to throw them away. As I have been trying to get our new house organized I keep running into the problem of not having enough storage...
It suddenly dawned on me that I had a solution just sitting in the basement! So, I started pulling out these diaper boxes. I cut the flaps that close up the top off, now I had what was basically a cardboard "drawer". Functional but not very pretty. The other day an answer to that problem occurred to me- just make 'em pretty, LOL. So I am going to get some decorative contact paper and cover these boxes.

Love,




P.S. If you have a Frugal Friday tip, feel free to add a link to your blog in the comments section. Or, if you don't have a blog you can always post your tip as a comment.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, BTW- I cross-posted this post over on the new blog for the Proverbs 31 Homemaking website.

    http://proverbs31homemaking.blogspot.com/2009/10/frugal-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. we buy the lunchmeat that comes in resealable plastic containers. then i can use those containers to take food to friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you find that lavendar flower?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not remember where I originally found the lavender flower. I have had it saved in my clip art folder for a while, lol. If you'd like I can send it to you without the Frugal Friday logo... just let me know.

    ReplyDelete