06 August 2009

Thankful Thursday


1. I am thankful for the opportunity to attend things like this Time Management Seminar this evening. Just the thought of going makes me feel more motivated...

2. I am thankful for the vast resources and books that having a library provides. The boys and I have all REALLY enjoyed reading and it feels like we can't get our hands on enough books these days!

3. I am thankful for my precious Jacob who is suddenly FOUR YEARS OLD!!!!!!! I don't know how that happened....But, I am thankful for the last four years I have shared with him, and the 8 and a half months I got to share with him before finally seeing his sweet face. I am thankful for the possibilities that lie ahead for him, and for his incredibly bright mind. I am thankful for that special way he talks to just me, how he feels comfortable enough to climb into my lap for cuddles, even though he is "getting bigger now". I am thankful that he has been blessed with so much intelligence to want to question and understand everything around him. I am thankful for the little ways I see him maturing every day, such as when he helps one of his brothers, or tries to teach them about something. I am thankful for his helpful attitude and his willingness to do chores and just be a helper around the house. I am thankful that he wants to open the door for people and that he would carry every heavy thing for me if he could. I am thankful that he wants to grow longer legs so that he can drive me places because he knows that I don't really like driving all that much. I am thankful that he told me that I am a "really nice Mommy" because I helped him pick up his books this morning. I am just so thankful for my Jakers. (even though he would never let me call him that anymore!)


With a Thankful Heart,

0 comments:

Post a Comment