15 March 2008

We have had a busy, on the go sort of day. We went out to lunch at Cracker Barrel. After lunch we drove out to see this furniture that one of Rick's friends had recommended. It was quite large, unbelievably so really. It had many nice things, although the prices weren't as impressive as we had expected. Afterwards we went to the pet store to buy some toys for the new additions to our family.

Yesterday we purchased guinea pigs for the boys, "Rascal" for Joshua and "Buddy" for Jacob. We felt that our family needed a pet, other than Frannie the adopted stray outside cat. We have really missed Princess and Allie since our move, but with a new baby and a toddler and a preschooler, we just don't have enough time or effort to commit to a dog and trying to train it. But, we love animals, and I think it is good for children to be around animals, so Rick did some research and thought that guinea pigs would be a good fit. Jacob calls them "mice". He instantly fell in love with them. Joshua likes them quite a bit also. He enjoys standing and looking in through the top of the cage. I think they are adorable. They make cute little squeaking sounds. We bought them cute toys and a bed and things and have their "home" all set up.

Last night Jacob and I were having fun making silly faces at each other before bedtime. It is funny when we laugh together, I think his laugh is so contagious. I love when we laugh together.

It is lovely when we have been out for the day and then come home, it feels so nice. I just love our home, and it always feels so welcoming and comfortable, and I feel as if there is no where else I would rather be. I really like Kansas City, too. I just feel comfortable here and it is just a pleasant place to live. God really provided for us by giving us the opportunity and means to relocate here, and He provided us the perfect house in such a beautiful location. It has all been such a positive change. And it seems that moving here has also been a wise career move, Rick's boss told him that he has big opportunities and a bright future here. We do miss all of our friends. It was hard to leave the Thompsons and the Schumachers, and I do get homesick for the Shrine, but this is our home now, and it is a wonderful home.

Things are going so well with baby Joey. He has got to be one of the sweetest babies that God has ever made. I am just enjoying him so much. He is so precious when he wakes up at night, he stops crying the moment I pick him up. And he just snuggles in so closely. I think that I feel even closer to him with having had a natural birth, there is somewhat of a stronger realization that i carried him and nurtured him and then brought him into this world through my labor and it was my arms where he felt comfort in his first moments of life. It is just an amazing feeling and it really makes my maternal feelings even stronger for all of my boys. I am so thankful to be a mother. What a gift from God!

With Joy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment