16 March 2008

Babies, Homeschooling, Recipes, and a Funeral

I awoke this morning with such a sense of warmth and peace, as if any anxiety I had been feeling, and any stress, had vanished. I just feel a sense of calmness and reassurance that I am safe in my Father's hands.

I really do like writing with pretty pens. I bought this new black and gold pen with an angel on it. Such things encourage a girl to be lady like. Just as brushing my hair with my silver Victorian brush makes me feel pretty. I do appreciate beautiful things, they make this world so much more lovely.

Rick woke up with Joseph last night so that I would get a full night's rest. I don't think I had realized how tired I was. My back was hurting last night, which was the first time in a while it had given me such difficulty. But I woke up this morning feeling quite a bit better.

Papa's funeral is this afternoon. It still seems somewhat unreal. I suppose we feel so removed from the situation and like this is happening so far off in the distance. We are not very accustomed to having to deal with death and so I think we are somewhat unsure of how to feel.

I cannot believe that little Joey will be three weeks old tomorrow. Time is passing so quickly. He has become so much more alert. He loves to watch his brothers play. It is amazing how even when they are somewhat loud, it doesn't startle him, he is so used to the sounds they make. He doesn't even get upset when Joshua pokes him in the eye, or tries to grab his nose, or pats him on the head in a not so gentle manner, lol. He just loves his big brothers. Joshua just adores baby Joey. I think they are going to be so close.

I found a few new recipes that I would like to try. One is a bread recipe that has instructions for making brown and serve rolls that you can keep on hand in the freezer. That would be so nice. I also found a cornbread recipe that seems similar to how so many ladies I know made theirs, so I look forward to trying it. I enjoy looking for new recipes, it is like shopping, only free, and I can do it at home while drinking a warm cup of hot chocolate. :)

I was going over our pre-school lesson plans for next week and it looks like we have some fun art projects for Holy Week, and a few fun baking activities. Easter is so early this year, it seems odd to me that Spring is nearly here. So next week should be a fun week of school. Jacob loves art projects, so I am sure he will enjoy it. He has had so much fun playing with plastic Easter eggs this week, and several of next weeks activities include the eggs. Jacob really enjoys school, he loves learning and he really enjoys making things.

With Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment