31 December 2007

Christmas Lights at the Botanical Gardens

I gave Rick and the boys haircuts this morning. We have been keeping their hair cut short because it is easier to manage. Little boys tend to mess up their hair quite easily. Jacob likes it so much better when I cut it, rather than going somewhere to have it done. I think even Rick is preferring that I do it, because he can keep it as short as he likes. All of their hair grows so fast that we really need to do hair cuts every other week. But it isn't difficult, or unpleasant to do, other than the spikey little hairs that get stuck in my shirt, lol.

After hair cuts we gave the boys a bath and they got to use their new bath fizzies, which color the bath water. So they had blue water. They also played with their new bath markers. Quite to my surprise, Jacob rather liked coloring on the bathtub walls. Joshua is so brave and so willing to try new things. He crawled around in the tub and kept trying to stand up. At one point he nearly went underwater and it didn't even frighten him. In fact, he was mad that I had stopped him.

We are going to drive to Huntsville to look at a large Christmas lights display in the botanical gardens. Friends of ours went last night and said that it was nice. Jacob likes the "lights in the trees" and now that Joshua is in a big boy carseat he'll be able to see as well.

We just arrived home from the lights display. Jacob loved it (as we figured he would). He talked about each display. He seems to notice the butterflies especially, he always seems to point them out. Joshua liked the lights for the first few minutes and then he decided that he didn't want to do that anymore and cried the rest of the way through. And then he threw a fit the entire way home. I am going to assume that he is teething and that is causing him to be ill-tempered because he is usually such a sweet natured child. I wasn't feeling well myself. I felt car sick the whole time and my feet swelled up and I had a headache. So I guess it was not the greatest family outing, but Jacob had a great time.

Blessings,


0 comments:

Post a Comment